Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 3, 4 & 5 in Mysore

December 14, 2010 – Day 3
Two phone calls from the US disturbed my sleep at 12:30am and 2:30am. I didn’t answer as the rates are expensive on my US phone and I was also out of it. I have no idea who it was, but small note to all folks – please keep in mind the time difference and call my India mobile if you have to – thanks! As a result I could not really sleep properly again and was up and writing by 8am. 
Pareesha doesn’t want to get up right now as she still has to pack and it’s her last day here. I can understand – I have an inkling I’ll be feeling similarly when I have to leave next week also.  My body still aches a little from my trip here and am slightly jet-lagged, but that will pass as I get adjusted to being here. I think I should go and shower now, eat some breakfast and head to Odanadi!

December 15, 2010 – Day 4
On a personal front I would say that today was uneventful.  I did however experience using my first Internet café in India – which was quite slow compared to the speed I’m used to. Nonetheless, it got the job done and I was able to update both blogs for the reading pleasure of my fans ;)

December 16, 2010 – Day 5
Do check the Odanadi blog for more on this specific day!  
On a personal front I just had to courier some things to my Masi (aunt) in Gujarat, and the cooler weather in the morning along with a slight drizzle has made me sick.  I really feel like sleeping in bed all day – but I must go to Odanadi and as you’ll see n the volunteer blog I’m so glad I went!

No comments: